Friday, March 8, 2013

What Are You Reading?

When I was searching for a new book to read, I was immediately intrigued by the summary of this book.

The Americn Heiress by Daisy Goodwin. Here is the summary from Amazon.com

Be careful what you wish for. Traveling abroad with her mother at the turn of the twentieth century to seek a titled husband, beautiful, vivacious Cora Cash, whose family mansion in Newport dwarfs the Vanderbilts’, suddenly finds herself Duchess of Wareham, married to Ivo, the most eligible bachelor in England. Nothing is quite as it seems, however: Ivo is withdrawn and secretive, and the English social scene is full of traps and betrayals. Money, Cora soon learns, cannot buy everything, as she must decide what is truly worth the price in her life and her marriage.

We watched the final episode of Downton Abbey season three a few weeks ago, and the new season doesn't start until next January, which seems like an eternity. This book is in the style of Downton and I have been hooked from the first chapter.

So, if you are suffering from Dowton Abbey withdrawl, you should pick up this book. I don't know how it ends but I am hopeful that we won't be disappointed.

We have been so glad to have Psych back for a new season.

I swear Josh and I are the demographic for this shoe. All of the pop culture references are from my childhood. The girls have started watchig it with us. Last week's episode when they destroyed the Blueberry? We are still laughing about it. If you are not watching this show, you should. You won't be disappointed.

What's going on this weekend? I've got a long run in the morning, the Run Lucky 5K on Sunday, and we are talking about going to see Oz. Should be a fun weekend.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment