Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tangent Thursday...

First of all, I ran naked this morning. I walked right by my Garmin sitting on the counter in the kitchen, where is always sits and never gave it a second thought. I didn't realize until I got out of my car at the Y. I couldn't believe it.

It was pretty windy, but I was still able to take my jacket off during the second half and ran in short sleeves for three miles. I felt great.

Laura let me take a picture of her Garmin so I would have a record of the run. It was a good run.

Secondly, since the Lululemon Thursday night yoga class got changed to Thursday morning, I went to Ashtanga Yoga in Norman for the level 1 class. I love the girl that teaches the class and I think I have learned so much these last two weeks.

For the first time, as an adult, I was able to do a full bridge pose. I had assistance, but still I couldn't believe I did it.

(source)

Jennifer, the yoga teacher came over and asked me if I wanted to give it a try. I was a little scared, but she stood above my head and had me grab her ankles and she helped me get up in the pose. I'm not gonna lie, my quads were very tight the whole time, but it felt good. I can't wait to do it again.

Finally, when I got home from yoga, I was getting ready to change my clothes and Carson was in the family room looking a little confused. She said she was looking for her shoes. She looked a little confused and asked what time it was. I told her 7:45 and she thought she was going to be late for school. Turns out, she had fallen asleep earlier tonight and when she woke up she thought she had slept through the night. It was pretty funny, but she was very upset about it. She isn't feeling well, so we will see what tomorrow brings. I hope it brings a less grumpy Carson.

It's much more fun when she is like this.

 

1 comment:

  1. Awe, the story of your daughter is too funny! What a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete