Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Little Baking...

We had plans to have dinner at a friend's house last night. I couldn't show up without dessert. After my 18 mile run yesterday, I wanted to bake something, but I wanted to make something simple. I settled on a sheet cake.

I went with this recipe minus the trinkets. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Yum. My only complaint about the recipe is that my cake baked for almost 10 minutes longer than the recipe called for before it was set completely.

Even so, it turned out wth a very nice fluffy texture.

The cake went very well with this ice cream. This could be a very dangerous combination.

After hot yoga tonight, I've got six miles planned for in the morning. I was surprised to see this.

57 degrees at 5 am tomorrow morning? I might have to wear shorts. Looks like it will be windy though. I can't complain too much, it is January and parts of the country are freezing.

Here's to a happy monday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment