Saturday, January 19, 2013

Long Run Saturday...

Is it just me, or does anyone else watch episodes of The Big Bang Theory any time it is on? It can't just be me, can it?

I was in bed early last night and when my alarm went off at 5:15 this morning I was up and ready to run at a little before 6.

Pre long run breakfast...

I had my headlamp and reflective vest and was ready to brave the darkness on my own. I was shooting for a steady 9 minute pace for my entire run this morning, so in the first scary solo mile when I was more at an 8:30 pace I had to settle down a bit and remind myself that I probably wasn't going to encounter any ax murderers on Robinson in Norman. I relaxed into a nice 9 minute pace and after a few creative ways to add a little bit to the route I made it to OK Runner at 6.25 miles.

We had a big group this morning and I even had a few runners that were running my pace the entire time. In all I ran 16 miles at an average pace of 9:12. We had a nice group stretch when we made it back to the store and I even got kisses from Lance the dog while we were on the floor stretching our legs.

After my ice bath, Protein Gatorade, and hot shower the girls and I loaded up in the car for a trip to Tulsa.

We stopped for snacks. I am sure I don't need to show you another picture of Funjuns, but Carson got a Slim Jim.

We made it to the Europen Waxing salon and got to visit with the world's greatest Mother-in-Law, and hang out in the super sunny waiting room.

Some waxing happened and then we went to Cracker Barrel for a late lunch. I got the veggie plate with a garden salad.

Baked sweet potato with mac and cheese and baby carrots. It was yummy.

Afterwards, we went to Target to se about a dress for the Daddy Daughter Dance that was on sale. We had great luck and the girls have their outfits and we ggot some good deals.

We dropped Jill back at work and hit the road to head home. Now it's time for some leftover gnocchi from last night and we will see if I can stay awake later than 9:30.

What a great run and a great day with my girls.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment