Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Six Mile Run & I Feel Like Crap...

My internal clock decided that 2:45 was the time to wake up this morning. Only two hours before my alarm was supposed to go off. Of course my brain immediately started working and I was unable to go back to sleep.

I got up when my alarm went off at 4:45 to go meet the girls for six miles along one of my favorite routes. It was cold, about 23 degrees and the wind was in our faces going out, but overall it wasn't bad. Again, my legs felt pretty good. I was worried that I was going to be hacking the whole time, or my gloves would be turned into tissues, but the coughing and runny nose held off until after I was back in my car.

Six miles in just over 53 minutes, it felt hard but I think it was the cold, because my legs didn't feel bad.

It was off to work, in horrible traffic, where I sat at my desk with a dry hacking cough all day. I sound like I should really cut back on my pack a day cigarette habit. I have had a horrible headache all day because of it.

I am looking forward to sleeping in a bit tomorrow. Why have one rest day when you can have two or three? Maybe I will find a yoga class to do tomorrow night.

On a happier note.

This book is so good. I am more than 2/3 done and this could be one of the best books I have read in a while. It has not been scary like I was worried it would be, I have had a hard time putting it down. Such an interesting story. You should read it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment